Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Independence Day

For some strange reason, the 4th just isn't the 4th in China! :) But we are all doing really well.
Kaycee is starting to show some signs of grieving. She cried a lot more last night when we were trying to go to sleep. In foster care, they have the kids sleep with them, so that is what she is used to. I am not ready to fight that battle yet, so that is where she is sleeping! Right beside me. But she is a good sleeper. She had a 3 hour nap yesterday afternoon and slept another 10 1/2 hours last night.
We went to a park on Tuesday and then shopping. That is what the pictures are from. Then yesterday, we went to her orphanage. All of the nannies were happy to see her again and happy to see her with her family. They all loved her, and talked to her. It was good to see that but very sad to see the other kids in the orphanage.
This orphanage is for special needs kids, some like Kaycee are only slightly special needs, while others are severe. There were only about 60 kids in the orphange, but most of the others are in foster care. It was clean and it was evident that the nannies loved the kids. They knew all of their stories! The picture of me, Kaycee and the orphange director is also included.
I am not sure of our plans today. I think we are going back to the park, with the other family that is here. I am homesick for my family.
We will be getting Kaycee's paperwork back tomorrow from the Chinese. That will be a really good feeling!

2 comments:

Cathi said...

Kaycee is adorable. I'm sure you miss your family, and they miss you, too. Hang in there. I can't wait to meet Kaycee in person.

Tami said...

Love the pictures! Only a few more days!