Thursday, July 26, 2007

The past...







We received a huge treasure yesterday. The lady that is over the foster care system in Kaycee's province sent us a cd with 5 photos of her as she was growing up. Included with these pictures were also the foster care write ups, which includes things like when she got teeth, etc.

I cried and cried...

In Kaycee's short little life before she was with us, she was...


abandoned at 1 month old, stayed in the orphange for about three months, went with one foster family for a little over a year and then with another foster family for about four months. I can't imagine what this little girl has gone through..my heart hurts so bad for her.

Also, she has two very deep scars on her upper arms. They should have been stitched. They are the same type of scar located at the same place on each arm. In one of the photos, the scar is somewhat fresh. It was when she was about 9 months old. I can't imagine what it was...it makes me sad.

I think that the reality of her before us has hit me. Here she was, all alone, can't hear and she is being shuttled around from house to house, bed to bed, etc.

I know God was with her, He was also by her side. I just wish I could have been there from the beginning also.

3 comments:

Tami said...

That is the one thing I struggle with the most. The regret of not being with them from the very beginning. And sadly, there is nothing that we could have done any differently. With most types of regret, it's based on a decision we have made. A choice we have made. In this case we've done all we could have done. There is nothing we could do to change the path they had to take to become part of our family. The only comfort is that God was with them from the beginning. He knows what they were going through and was there to comfort them.

amy said...

That's so exciting to have all that information to able to share with her one day! Through Alisha's death that's one of the hardest things I learned that God has/is taking much better care of her than I ever could have. He loves each of these kids more than we can fathom!

Suzanne said...

what a darling child.