Friday, May 18, 2007

In just hours...

Your whole life can change. It is actually amazing to think about where I was yesterday at this time, to where I am today.

As in the last post, we were waiting on our LID yesterday at this time. It had been 72 long days waiting to find out if China had received our paperwork. Well apparently they had.

About two hours after the blog was written, I received a voice mail from our agency. "We really need to talk to you, it is very important."

In tears, I called them back.

Valerie, we have really good news for you. We received your LOA today. (Letter of Acceptance) This is a letter from China, it asks you if you for sure would still like to adopt this child. It is actually a one page document that has two boxes on it - check yes or no.

Yes, yes, yes!!! Of course we want to adopt her! This is it!!! :)

So within two hours, I went from having a pity party to having an LOA party!!

Now, since we are traveling about 1-2 months before I thought we would be, now I have to get things going...

I know everything is in God's timing, I wish I would have trusted Him more.

1 comment:

Tami said...

I'm so happy for you and Len! Congratulations!!!! I can't wait to hold that precious little girl!