Thursday, May 17, 2007

Waiting....

We are waiting. And waiting. And waiting.

Generally a LID (see past post) doesn't take as long as ours is taking. Day 72 and we still don't have a LID. Our agency is now going to call China tonight to try to find out what is happening. They have already sent a written request to find out, but no response, so tonight the phone call will be made.

As we wait, I think about what all has happened in our lives in the past 72 days...

I have lost 7 pounds
Jacob graduated from 8th grade
Nathan grew an inch
John started talking (now we can't get him to stop)
I gained 4 pounds
Leonard started job searching
Jacob started high school football practice
I lost 2 pounds
I interviewed for a job (didn't get it)
I decided to go back to school (restarted my masters)
I decided to become highly qualified in math (I need two more classes - but need to go back to a little ways to get back into the swing of things - so will take a math class this summer)
My sister in law and brother in law started their adoption from Ukraine
My sister and mom went to Ireland?
My dad has played golf - how many times?
My father in law found out he has back problems
My mother in law has been wonderfully supportive
I gained 1 pound

Even though I have a calendar where I count the days, our life still goes on. And honestly, what a wonderful life it is!!! :)

1 comment:

Tami said...

I just heard the good news! Wooohhooooo! Call me! Call me! Call me!